Jan. 15; March 19; April 16; May 21; June 18; July 16; Aug. 20; Sept. 17; Oct. 15; Nov; 19 December to be decided.
"Race To The Dan" "Race To Defeat"
South Boston Halifax Museum of
Fine Arts and History
South Boston, VA 24592
Banister River Park
South Boston Volunteer Fire CO
South Boston, VA
* Honor individuals for outstanding and unusual patriotic achievements on a national regional and local level.
*Honor persons for outstanding bravery and self sacrifice in the face of imminent danger.
* Honor members of the United States Congress for outstanding g service t o the nation.
* Honor outstanding high sch0ol students annually with the presentation of Good Citizenship Award.
* Honor outstanding Junior and Senior ROTC cadets annually with the presentation of Awards.
* Select the outstanding Eagle Scout annually at the branch, state and national level. The national winner receives a college scholarship.
* Honor outstanding students for winning the Knight Essay Contest.
* Assist veterans in Veterans Hospitals.
* Conduct a national historical orations contest annually .
* Sponsor Boy Scout troops and chapters of the Children of the American Revolution.
* Place SAR markers at the grave sites of Revolutionary War Patriots and SAR Members.
* Participate in new citizenship swearing-in ceremonies.
* Observe patriotic anniversaries.
*Collaborate with the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution and the Children of the American Revolution.